Admission Requirements for the Graduate Professional Physician Assistant Program
Each Physician Assistant Program has unique requirements. Please review the requirements for USciences Graduate Professional Physician Assistant Program below.
All pre-requisite science courses must be completed within seven (7) years of application. Therefore, for the 2016 CASPA application cycle, courses taken prior to 2009 will not be accepted towards the requirements.
- Two General Biology courses with lab (8 credits)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Organic Chemistry with lab or Biochemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Statistics* (3 credits)
- Psychology (3 credits)
- Human Anatomy** (3 credits)
- Human Physiology** (3 credits)
* Business Statistics will not be accepted.
**Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II will satisfy these requirements in lieu of separate courses. In addition, please know that we are not able to accept mammalian, vertebrate, exercise, or any other non-human coursework for these requirements.
- Baccalaureate degree completed by June 1, 2017
- Healthcare Experience – 400 hours (For more information please consult our PDF)
- GPA – 3.2 overall and 3.2 overall science as calculated by CASPA are suggested. Applicants with lower than a 2.75 overall or science GPA may not be considered for an interview.
- Grades for pre-requisite courses must be 'C' or better.
- Official results from a TOEFL or IELTS are required from all students for whom English is a second language. The University of the Sciences’ code for TOEFL is 2663. TOEFL scores are good for two years. Applicants must have earned a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL iBT examination (IELTS minimum of 6.5) to be considered for admission into a graduate program at USciences.
- International students will be required to provide a course-by-course evaluation of all transcripts by an independent evaluation service based in the United States. University of the Sciences prefers the World Education Services (WES) evaluation when possible.
- Interview is required and is by invitation only based on meeting the listed admission criteria. Interviews are granted on a rolling basis based on completion date of application
If any courses, degree completion, or healthcare experience hours are in progress at time of application they must be completed by June 1st of the admission year. Documentation will need to be submitted as requested by the program.
Applicants with less than a 2.75 overall or science GPA may not be considered for an interview. Additionally, applicants with less than 100 hours of patient care experience at time of application may not be considered for an interview.
Meeting the minimum recommended requirements does not guarantee receipt of the supplemental application, an interview, or acceptance into the program.
Under no circumstances will a student be given credit toward the courses in the Graduate Professional Physician Assistant Program.